Quick help appreciated.

It's not the board, Jim. It's the legislature that passed that law before the board was even appointed.

-

Thanks. I've corrected my post.

For the record, I think that both the board members and the legislators are morons.

The board, they were the ones who attempted to enact the illegal rule about not calling out the dangers associated with FPE panels, right?

Morons who aren't concerned with public safety.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

I agree with you amended post and will be voting tomorrow to try to influence that.

The board is not static. Two of the three inspectors that were there at the time that occurred are no longer there.

Now, it's been removed.

Now if we can get the governor to pay a little bit of attention and refill the board's five vacancies.

-

I hear what you're saying, Erby, but in real time there's no sense in using the word "code" unless you're claiming a certain condition doesn't meet the code and need a reference to back it up. How would you deal with Brandon's original conundrum in which he had to reinforce what he said with specific cites?

I'm not arguing, I'm just saying . . . Jim's examples are good ones.

I hear what you're saying, Erby, but in real time there's no sense in using the word "code" unless you're claiming a certain condition doesn't meet the code and need a reference to back it up. How would you deal with Brandon's original conundrum in which he had to reinforce what he said with specific cites? . . .

Any reason why I couldn't just forward them copies of the appropriate code pages?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

I think the general trend is best exhibited by the fact that they both altered and rescinded things relating to FedPac panels, code phrasing, etc. They know they can't enforce those things, and even if they could, the weight of evidence is against them. It's all lame posturing for the sales team approach to this business.

I think it would be relatively easy to comply with the law, while also dancing neatly all around it, lifting it's edges, to expose the stupidities underlying it all.

What if there was a handout delivered to the customer, separate from the HI report, outlining things like FedPac panels, or, as Jim said, just forwarding them the appropriate passages?

I hear what you're saying, Erby, but in real time there's no sense in using the word "code" unless you're claiming a certain condition doesn't meet the code and need a reference to back it up. How would you deal with Brandon's original conundrum in which he had to reinforce what he said with specific cites? . . .

Any reason why I couldn't just forward them copies of the appropriate code pages?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

There are lots of ways to reinforce one's credibility, but still, it's a pain in the rear to feel as if a tightrope is constantly being negotiated . . .

When pushed as Brandon was, I use something like:

The International Residential Code, Section R905.2.5 says "Fasteners

Fasteners for asphalt shingles shall be galvanized steel, stainless steel, aluminum or copper roofing nails, minimum 12 gauge shank with a minimum 3/8-inch diameter head, ASTM F 1667, of a length to penetrate through the roofing materials and a minimum of �-inch into the roof sheathing."

I don't know if the local code or authority having jurisdiction requires this. I recommend that YOU contact the local authority having jurisdiction YOURSELF and ask them if this is required in this jurisdiction. The local authority having jurisdiction can be contacted at:

AHJ

111-111-1234

www . xxx . co (had to edit this to take out the link. There actually is such a site)

1234 your street,

xxx, ky

-