Jimmy M on the telly

Anyone see Mr. Morrison on the Boston TV? He was riding into Fenway Pahrk to see the Red Sox with his boys and a friend. Operator was "texting" and crashed into the car in front of him. Stupid----Stupid. Our inspector boy got his name and picture on the telly. His lady friend was banged up some. His boys looked all growed up and fine. Hope everything will be OK. They probably missed the game. Closed down that part of Boston for a long time.

24 years old driver texting his girl friend. What are these people thinking??[:-banghea[:-banghea

Yeah, I'm a stah.

Actually, it was pretty traumatic for everyone involved. The heroes of the story are the first responders. I was interviewed a few days after the crash because The Globe published a Letter to the Editor I had written about the speed, professionalism, and kindness of the emergency personnel we saw that night. They were truly amazing.

The TV and print news arseholes kept trying to get shots of my shell-shocked boys, wincing fiancee, and me. Ask me in person some day how I kept our faces out of print.

We're all a little banged up, but Kelli got the worst of it. With a little luck, she'll be OK in a few weeks.

Texting while driving should carry as stiff or stiffer penalties than DWI. At least in the case of DWI one can argue that the power to reason has been diminished. With texting, the offender is fully aware that he (or she) is being just plain stupid and is intentionally endangering the lives of those around him.

I've never met Kelli, but please give her my best. I don't much believe in prayer but I'll send good will to you all.

Yeah, I'm a stah.

Actually, it was pretty traumatic for everyone involved. The heroes of the story are the first responders. I was interviewed a few days after the crash because The Globe published a Letter to the Editor I had written about the speed, professionalism, and kindness of the emergency personnel we saw that night. They were truly amazing.

The TV and print news arseholes kept trying to get shots of my shell-shocked boys, wincing fiancee, and me. Ask me in person some day how I kept our faces out of print.

We're all a little banged up, but Kelli got the worst of it. With a little luck, she'll be OK in a few weeks.

Jimmy,

I'm very sorry to hear that you & yours got caught up in that mess.

I don't know how you kept your faces out of print but I have a suspicion. "Gee, Mr. Cameraman, sorry about that, I was texting and didn't see my hand grab your camera and throw it into the river."

In related news, was he really a she?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Jimmy,

I'm very sorry to hear that you & yours got caught up in that mess.

I don't know how you kept your faces out of print but I have a suspicion. "Gee, Mr. Cameraman, sorry about that, I was texting and didn't see my hand grab your camera and throw it into the river."

In related news, was he really a she?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Thank you, sir. I don't know if he was once a she, but I guess that rumor was born of the fact that he originally applied for his job using the first name, Georgia.

No matter, we are heading back there (yes, on the train) tonight to see the Sox whup the Blue Jays. I love watching Tim Wakefield pitch. Bringing two young boys to Fenway to watch the best Knuckleballer in the business is a recipe for a magic evening.