ASHI / NAHI Survey

This is the joint survey (along with the questions that the NAHI leadership approved but later decided they did not like) that ASHI and NAHI sent out to their members a few weeks back. ASHI has released it to their members. The individual comments have not been published yet because many signed their name to them. I think that some might be released if the names can be removed, but I don't know for sure.

Download Attachment: icon_adobe.gif ASHI-NAHI-Survey-Results.pdf

17.78 KB

NAHI lists 5 members in the North Carolina. ASHI lists 37 if searched by state. But if you search by zip code some ASHI members show up that do not show up by state? Ok, to account for poor record keeping and the peculiarities of web searches, let’s double those numbers.

Less than 85 total inspectors in the state of North Carolina belong to either association. There are approximately 1100 inspectors state wide according to the licensing board. So only about 7% of the inspectors state wide belong to either association even with doubleing the published numbers!

North Carolina has had licensing for more than 10 years. Membership in national associations does not seem to be a big deal. Merge them or let them both fold. I don’t think people in North Carolina would notice.

NAHI lists 5 members in the North Carolina. ASHI lists 37 if searched by state. But if you search by zip code some ASHI members show up that do not show up by state? Ok, to account for poor record keeping and the peculiarities of web searches, let’s double those numbers.

Less than 85 total inspectors in the state of North Carolina belong to either association. There are approximately 1100 inspectors state wide according to the licensing board. So only about 7% of the inspectors state wide belong to either association even with doubleing the published numbers!

North Carolina has had licensing for more than 10 years. Membership in national associations does not seem to be a big deal. Merge them or let them both fold. I don’t think people in North Carolina would notice.

Nationwide we have around 40,000 home inspectors, and out of those only about 15,000 belong to any association.