ITS TIME THE OAHI MEMBERS KNOW

Posted for Cam Allen

……….ITS TIME THE OAHI MEMBERS KNOW…………….

I am quite confident that there will some comment about the following letter, but it is time the OAHI members know where yet another gross waste of their membership fees has been going. I also realize that the largest reason this has happened is because the OAHI board hates my guts with a passion and not one of them will admit that what has happened here is wrong and somebody….anybody within the board should have stopped this many, many months ago.

I will begin in September of 2007. The OAHI Kingston Regional Meeting Group attempts to reorganize with a Meeting in Kingston. It was an open meeting asking for anyone to attend. In case you don’t know the Ontario Lakeshore from Oshawa to the Quebec Border has less than 25 members, of which 17 are RHI’s. In the Belleville/Quinte region there are “Oâ€

As you can see by this post and the recent articles in the National Post and the Ottawa Citizen things are not all that well within Ontario and its oldest home inspection association.

I invite Mr. Wayne Christopher current VP and Discipline Chair of OAHI to come and comment on this statement by Cam Allen who is a member in good standing and Registered Home Inspector with OAHI.

Raymond Wand RHI

Thanks Wayne it should prove interesting, I know many of us are anxious to hear and weigh both sides of the story.

FYI, Mr. Allen also has his statement posted at the link below. Unfortunately you or one of the BOD members will have to sign on to post your reply. I welcome you or the boards reply.

http://oahi.activeboard.com/

Cheers,

Raymond Wand RHI

Well Mr. Christopher contrary to your word, we have yet to have our socks knocked off. As a matter of fact I am still wearing mine.

Interestingly enough Mr. Quackenbush has made public statements on other discussion boards which under closer scrutiny are not accurate and people who should know have verified the inaccuracies.

Raymond Wand RHI

Wayne,

My condolences, my mother passed away last week at the age of 96.

As to your reply, rather interesting considering your earlier statements that a statement would be posted. I strongly suggest you and your board get your act together and ensure the veracity of statements issued by the board under the Gerry Quackenbush moniker.

Raymond Wand RHI

Its time the OAHI Members know; the truth vs a response from Mr Quackerbush.

It is now clear that we have OAHI's attention and its time the public forums heard the truth, not the spin or half truths handed out by OAHI. Let us begin with the unpaid amounts, this is accurate. If you check any modern hotel with meeting rooms you will find that such rooms rent for 4-600.00 for a meeting and a coffee serving for 30-40 people is generally in the 1-200.00 range. I suggest Mr Quackerbush check the OAHI records for the standard rates at the Ambassador as you held your Annual Meeting/Winter workshop there a couple of years ago. Actually in Mr Lloyds defence it shows where you lads spent 1423.23 for ONE room in Orillia for 50 people, damn I got a room and coffee for less than half of that!!

If as is stated Mr Lloyd prepared these documents I have on file, I commend Tom for his vast legal clerk knowledge. Preparing a defence broken down in various exhibits, witness lists, exhibit listings. I will admit I am impressed. Mr Lloyd must have extensive experience in preparing court documents, maybe they should have used Tom instead of wasting the 2500.00 on Mr Segal's office. Excuse me I forgot, the OAHI board ran Past Pres Tom out of OAHI and he is no longer in the business. To bad, he was a Pres who saw the National Program as the future for Canada, guess that explains why he was rail-roaded out!

Now we will discuss the second defence that OAHI has quietly ignored, they got their judgement not on the defence of Pres Lloyd, rather on a legal technicality that says Kingston cannot sue OAHI because and I quote from motion " lacks the capacity to commence an action" further because "CAHPI Kingston is a division of OAHI" The real defence was never heard, main reason.....simple.... Past Pres Tom was not there to defend OAHI because Past Pres Tom was "rail-roaded out" and like many of us wants nothing to do with the current administration.

The next point has already been openly clarified, NACHI Leader NIck Gromicko has flatly stated on his web site that the statement from Mr Quackerbush is straight out untrue, I never billed NACHI. Further if you go to nachi.org/forum/f48/kingston-cahpi-ontario-training-session-22253/.

This is the actual message placed upon the NACHI board, see any mention of NACHI meeting there Mr Quackerbush.

Now your next statement and Mr Bill Mullen has already answered that, at no point did I ever bill or try to bill CAHPI, another untruthful statement Sir, is your collar a bit tight now.

Now we will address the recent court date, I did not attend because I was not aware of the date.... simple. I might add another point, Mr Segal's office tried to ram this motion thru a week before the trial date I was not aware of and the courts in Kingston adjourned it and your Mr Segal was fully aware this would happen BEFORE he sent his lad to Kingston. If anyone would like to see the actual letter I have from his office advising me of this, send me a note and I will fax you the document. Yesterday Mr Quackerbush, I filed notice of motion and sworn affidavit requesting this judgement be set aside, open your mail Mr Quackerbush. You will be in Kingston on February 9th to face me at that time. If you decide to spent yet more of the members money for another legal angle I will recommend the two hotels file separate action for collection and I will gladly attend as their witness.

Lastly, you must think all OAHI members are mushrooms, feed them **** and keep them in the dark. Anyone with any knowledge of legal costs knows that the price of having a Bay St Lawyer drive from TO to Kingston on two separate occasions, about 12 hours driving time in total, prepare a notice of motion that includes multiple examples of his defence including three sworn affidavit's in a thick ring binder ....can be bought for 2500.00....... there is an odour her Mr Quackerbush..........how do your rubber boots fit now Sir........OH....I missed the part on Segals letter about "in the amount of 2500.00 for fees, as agreed..PLUS disbursements.........how much were these charges Sir.

Finally Mr Quackerbush, back to the same old....same old........where are the quarterly financial statements that are required by the OAHI regulations, seems I can't find the past six months and with a membership fee of nearly 600.00 it would be nice to see where the $$$ have gone.

Have a Nice Day.........see ya on the 9th of Feb.

Cam Allen

Randy,

It may not be important, but it certainly is instructive. It does illustrate some of the difficulties of inspector associations.

I enjoy reading it and would appreciate a Reader's Digest version(from either side). I know a bunch of Canadian inspectors and have had some interaction with the various parties.

I would ask Ray W to please refrain from the personal attacks on those that are interested and not active participants in the fray.

Michael has the patience of Job!

Thanks Mike!

-----------------------------------------------------

Verbatim as posted by Mr. Gerry Quackenbush Director of OAHI and Director of Public Relations OAHI.

“There have been some questions lately regarding OAHI being involved in a legal issue with the Kingston Regional Meeting Group. The OAHI could not previously comment while a decision was pending.

Attached are the pertinent documents which disclose the outcome of the case.â€