How to Turn The Tables on a Frivolous Lawsuit

hausdok

Marc,

Welcome to the forum! From the little bit of info I can glean from the web, you seem to be an interesting soul.

I am curious if you know Joe F and why you would assert his being a real "lawyer". I enjoy him and his perspective on the home inspection business.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intriguing lawyer story, until a real lawyer stood up and exposed it as fiction, totally undeserving of attention on a forum for professional inspectors. I just registered on this forum this morning. It'd be nice if it would remained just that...Professional!

Marc

When I show up in a new venue, I take a few moments to hang around, soak up what's going on, see if I can get a take on the players, and then maybe I'll offer up an opinion or two and see what flies and what doesn't.

So, Marc registered this morning, has only post I can find, and we've got someone pointing, generalizing, and "out-professional-ing" us from the get go.

It's best to not drop in on a dead thread (approx. 1 year) and pontificate without understanding the (extensive) back story that goes with Mr. Ferry.

There's no need to compensate for anything here. Bring what you know.

It's interesting that Marc can pronounce it fiction without even knowing the inspector involved.

You folks know me and you know that I wouldn't publish anything that I think is a lie. I know this inspector and I trust him and believe in him. Being an ex-cop, I know a lot about lawyers and the way they operate. I'm willing to accept the word of this home inspector over a lawyer's any day.

We can't keep it much more professional than that.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

More interestingly, I've been watching the History Channel this week, with the WWII IN HD series. I'm not really into watching war footage as a general rule, but this is thoughtfully put together storytelling with footage that's not been displayed elsewhere, ever. What with Veterans Day last week and all that, I got to thinking about Veterans, and damn, it is heart choking to see what those folks went through and what they accomplished.

Anyone else watched any of the this?

Anyone else watched any of the this?

I Don't know why but, I've always been fascinated by WWII. I don't miss much of that stuff. I bet I've seen that one poor bastard get shot while running up the beach more than 100 times. You know the guy.

God rest his soul and all of those who fought for not only our freedom but, also for the right to choose a pinocchio avatar, and make a complete ass of yourself in front of God and everyone on the internet

Kurt, watched it all and then some.

Our father never spoke much about what he did in the war, just where he had been (North Atlantic, New Orleans, and the South Pacific). When my little brother and I were going through some of his stuff, after his death in 96, we found the following citation and the medal in a cigar box. I believe it is the highest metal that can be earned in peace time. The war had been over about two months when the incident happened. He went into the Army in February of 1942 and was also called up for the Korean Conflict.

All these guys and gals also went through the Depression. Wow!

Most Thanksgiving Days, before the bird is served and prayer is prayed, I read the citation to the family.

(spelling is as it appears in original orders)

HEADQUARTERS

UNITED STATES ARMY FORCES WESTERN PACIFIC

OFFICE OF THE COMMANDING GENERAL

GENERAL ORDERS #38 APO 707 23 January 1946

SOLDIER'S MEDAL - AWARD. By direction of the President, under the provisions of the Act of Congress, approved 2 July 1926 (Bulletin 8, WD, 1926), a Solder's Medal is awarded by the Commanding General, United States Army forces Western Pacific, to the folling named enlisted man.

Technical Sargent EZRA A. MALARNEE, 35273889, Transportation Corps, United States Army. For heroism near Bagacay Island, Philippines, on 9 October 1945. When an explosion enveloped a gasoline barge in flame and scattered burning gasoline over the adjacent waters, Technical Sergeant MALARNEE dove from the Landing Craft Vehicle Personnel of which he was an operator to assist several crew members struggling in the water. Despite the imminent peril of additional explosions, he unhesitatingly swam to the aid of a sailor frantically attempting to evade the flames and calling for help. After a brief struggle, he succeeded in subduing the drowning man and towing him back to the waiting boat. Then without regard for his own welfare, he plunged into the water again and assisted in the rescue of several more injured men. By his prompt and courageous actions in keeping with the highest traditions of the military service, Technical Sargent Malarnee averted possible loss of life among the barge crew members at the risk of his own. Home adress: 1521 Park Avenue, S. W., Canton Ohio

BY COMMAND OF LIEUTENANT GENERAL STYER:

W. A. WOOD, JR

Magor General, USA

Deputy Commander and Chief of Staff

OFFICIAL:

(signed)

C. H. DANIELSON

Major General, USA

Adjutant General

DISTRIBUTION

Special

AGAD - 50

Ezra Malernee

Canton, Ohio

• 2 months later...

Update: Just spoke to the inspector from the story in the O.P. and told him about Joe's rants.

He got a good laugh, said he couldn't care less that Mr. Ferry or anyone else thinks that he's lying, 'cuz he can easily prove that it happened the way he said that it did.

He said that if Joe F. wants to put the cash in escrow he'll provide him the proof he's been gnashing his teeth over for the past year. Does anyone else who's called him a liar want to put up some cash along with Mr. Ferry?

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

Well, I received a package in the mail this week from the inspector whose story inspired the O.P. The package contained the agreement. So, Mr. Ferry, are you ready to put up or shut up?

I believe there is a question of $2000 that you promised to this fellow if he showed you proof. You can send it to me. Once I have it, I'll scan and post the documents here for everyone to read. Once you and everyone else is satisfied (and you've eaten a little crow), I'll foward the money to the inspector in question. Or, if you don't trust me for some reason, you can send it to someone else you would trust here to hold onto it and forward it once that proof has been posted and you are satisifed.

Balls in your court, Ferry.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Hi Chad,

Ferry used to be interNACHI's lawyer but I think he was co-opted by the Cohen brothers. Now he spends his time going around the country giving paid seminars called Law and Disorder or something like that. The reason why I won't post the information until he puts up is I have my own doubts as to whether he'll follow through. I know without a doubt that the inspector in question has it.

Ferry came on here no less than four times and reiterated his challenge and essentially called me a moron for believing the inspector's story; now lets see if he's a man of his word or just another blowhard wearing a suit.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Earth to Joe, Earth to Joe,

Are you receiving? Repeat...are you receiving?

Earth to Joe, Earth to Joe, are you ready to follow through on your pledge, Counselor?

FTR, I sent Joey an email separately weeks ago. Apparently he's been unable to find his keyboard.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

• 1 month later...

Hmm,

Well, it's been nearly two months and nary a peep out of Mr. Ferry. I suppose this is some kind of legal tactic - if you ignore it it will go away - or something like that.

Mr. Rogers wants to know if Mr. Ferry knows how to spell welcher.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

Well, it's 2011 and Mr. Ferry still hasn't shown up to put up; so I guess he is shutting up.

Anytime you're ready, Joe, I'll be happy to provide you the proof you were squawking didn't exist. Just remember, you're going to have to put up the dough you promised to pay this guy when he provided that proof.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike