Your help is needed

First of all I would like to, say hello to all its been a while. Second I would like to apologize for talking shop in this forum. The issues cover a wide range of things so I thought I would put it in one. Forum instead of several.... I've been doing pretty good for my first year on the job until now.......... The house I was at yesterday was built in 1962. I would like you guys to take a look at some of my pics and give me your take on things are they as grim as they appear.

Image Insert:

2008730105526_DCP_0165.jpg

136.15 KB

Image Insert:

200873010560_DCP_0166.jpg

220.66 KB

Image Insert:

2008730105656_DCP_0173.jpg

223.97 KB

Image Insert:

2008730105735_DCP_0195.jpg

385.4 KB

Image Insert:

2008730105856_DCP_0221.jpg

167.82 KB

Image Insert:

2008730105943_DCP_0242.jpg

243.33 KB

Image Insert:

200873011124_DCP_0154.jpg

508.34 KBe Insert:[/b]

2008730105013_DCP_0147.jpg

263.94 KB

I will stop there is does go on.... Any feed back would be great

Originally posted by Bryant16e

First of all I would like to, say hello to all its been a while. Second I would like to apologize for talking shop in this forum. The issues cover a wide range of things so I thought I would put it in one. Forum instead of several.... I've been doing pretty good for my first year on the job until now.......... The house I was at yesterday was built in 1962. I would like you guys to take a look at some of my pics and give me your take on things are they as grim as they appear.

. . . I will stop there is does go on.... Any feed back would be great

Looks like an ordinary crappy house that most inspectors run into a few times a month.

What are you trying to show in the first two pictures?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Looks like an ordinary crappy house that most inspectors run into a few times a month.
C'mon Jim, let's be fair. From the pictures all we can be sure of is that the roof, enclosure, patio, paint job, and landscape are crap. The rest of the place could be charming. [;)]

Tom

At least the Gardener fixed the wires he pruned [:-dunce]

In the first photo the trim boards were comming apart from the home. The I was just wondering if anything caused the paint to peal like that. Should I be looking for a cause?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Sad to say, they are getting to be more frequent every month....

Originally posted by Bryant16e

In the first photo the trim boards were comming apart from the home. The I was just wondering if anything caused the paint to peal like that. Should I be looking for a cause?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Sad to say, they are getting to be more frequent every month....
Could be a couple of causes.

- They might have repainted without bothering to clean, seal, and prime the old paint first.

- There's moisture migrating out of the house through the unprimed and unpainted backside of the trim that's causing the paint to peel.

- There might have been roof water getting behind the fascia and soaking into the unpainted backside of it at some point.

- The paint might have been incompatible with what it's been applied to.

- It's just plain old - the curling says, "Hi, I'm old lead based paint from prior to 1980."

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike