Find Out What Gas Prices Are Around You

Hi All,

James Simmons (User name Mr. Electric) sent me the link below. It's kind of cool. You enter your zip code and it will show you the location of filling stations nearby and show you what their current prices are.

I sure could have used this last week when I paid $3.75 a gallon to fill my tank.

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstatio ... =&src=Netx

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Originally posted by ozofprev

Originally posted by AHIS

I'm in IL, but just 20 min from MO (St. Louis) there is a 25 cent diference in gas price. IL taxs suck

NY has the highest tax on gas in the US!

It is necessary to ensure all the politicians have the highest quality call girls.

We grow our own here, no need to import.

Gary,

What are you paying in NY? Boston is about $3.10 or so for regular. Puerto Vallarta is about the same. Is that a deal?

I know I won't win this contest, but in 1990, I owned a 1978 Datsun B210, and the lowest I remember paying was $0.89/gallon. I could fill the tank, and get change back from a sawbuck. You can't do that with a moped today.

Jaimito

Originally posted by Jim Morrison

Gary,

What are you paying in NY? Boston is about $3.10 or so for regular. Puerto Vallarta is about the same. Is that a deal?

I know I won't win this contest, but in 1990, I owned a 1978 Datsun B210, and the lowest I remember paying was $0.89/gallon. I could fill the tank, and get change back from a sawbuck. You can't do that with a moped today.

Jaimito

Since I'm semi-retired, I look at a lot of sites like this.

Currently, the tax is 40.9 cents/gallon and our average price at the pump is $3.39. Although our tax is the highest, other expenses (transportation) don't make ours the highest prices at the pump - I think that honor goes to CA.

When I was a kid - mowing all the neighborhood lawns - I used to take 26 cents with me to the corner station to buy a gallon of gas.

Semental

Nope,

You won't win that. In 1971, at the age of 19, I bought an Arco station in New York State. I had a pretty thriving business for about 5 months and then I had a car accident that broke my left femur in 2 places. Anyway, at that time I sold regular for 36.9 and hi-test for 37.9 per gallon. I can still remember gas at 29 cents a gallon.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

When in college I worked at a gas station where the week-end special was five gallons for a dollar. Fond memories of draining the hoses into an empty oil can and pouring it into my bike, mechanical pump registers, cranking to reset the pump register and sight glasses with red balls in them to be sure the gas was actually flowing! (and the occasional failing to reset pump and over charging the rich guys)

allow me one more thing - the 1956 Chevy with the gas filler in the tail-light and not being able to find it!