securing wires

John Dirks Jr

Have been looking at this forum for a few days and have finally registered. First post.

The cable supports in your picture I believe are the 3M brand. Other manufacturers produce them as well. I have have used these before and they are a labor saver.

The cable clamp helps to meet NEC 2008 334.30 Securing and Supporting NM Cable.

The basis for the cable clamp is also to meet the 1 1/4" requirement in NEC 2008 300.4(D)

Sometimes it is almost impossible to meet these requirements, but these clamps are code compliant. Will try to post a link when I find one.

Hi Stewart,

Welcome, we're always happy to have electrical pros stop by. Did you read the thread on the KY Home Inspector's Licensing Board's prohibition against inspectors expounding on the FPE panels? If so, what's your take?

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Originally posted by hausdok

Hi Stewart,

Welcome, we're always happy to have electrical pros stop by. Did you read the thread on the KY Home Inspector's Licensing Board's prohibition against inspectors expounding on the FPE panels? If so, what's your take?

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Thanks for the welcome Mike.

I have read that forum thread and have seen the documentation. Although , I do not necessarily agree with their findings, that is how it is at this time. Not all electricians agree on FPE panels. In the house I'm renting I happen to have a FPE panel. Although I am not happy with the panel, it works and haven't had any problems with it other that not being able to find a breaker to add a circuit.

I have previously told customers of mine, after they have expressed concerns over their FPE panel, that I could upgrade or change their panel and service. I had a lady that had a 240 volt dryer breaker go bad. The cost of the breaker alone was around $250 at that time. She already had a 200 Amp service so I was able to upgrade her panel for $500. The cost was easy for handle as she felt the safety factor was in her best interest.

In some instances, I've changed out FPE panels on the insurance companies demand.

Anyway, as I said. Although I do not necessarily agree with their findings, if it makes the homeowner feel safer to get rid of the FPE that's what Electricians should be concerned with.

Originally posted by Erby

Hey Stewart,

Welcome to TIJ. It's nice to see another guy from Kentucky on here with me and John Bain. Give me a call sometime. I'll spring for a cup of coffee.

-

Thanks Erby. Got your e-mail. Would like to meet with sometime but would have to be on a Saturday.

Not a coffee drinker but you can buy me a Pepsi.