The Downside of Spring

Originally posted by Brian G

I hardly know one flower from another, but I thought these were lovely. This was a house that had been unoccupied a while, over in the edge of Bama.

Image Insert:

200832891452_flower1.jpg

224.8 KB

Stick that in yer tulip beds. [;)]

Brian G.

Real Purty [^]

Brian--

I can understand your desire to distance yourself from those who can identify too many specific types of "flowers." However, as a Southerner, surely you recognize an azalea when you see one. Right?

After all, they're one of the things we have that our northern brethren can't enjoy...except when they are visiting.

Originally posted by AHI in AR

However, as a Southerner, surely you recognize an azalea when you see one. Right?

Nope. I recognize daisies, sunflowers, roses, and magnolias; that's about it.

After all, they're one of the things we have that our northern brethren can't enjoy...except when they are visiting.

Yeah, but our fine bourbon gets shipped all over the place. Oh well, I couldn't deny my fellow Americans the pleasure of Maker's Mark. [:P]

Brian G.

How Else Will They Know Jack Daniels is Crap? [:-yuck] [;)]

What's that you say? Gimme two months and I'll show you some yankee azaleas. Ours just sleep a little later.

All azaleas are rhododendrons but not all rhododendrons are azaleas.

I'm lousy with growing stuff. Yung is pretty good at it though. She never used to be; years ago everything she planted would die within days. Now she's got a potted plant jungle out in the living room and it's impossible to close the blinds.

I seem to be best at cultivating and growing girth.

ONE TEAM - ONE BITE!!!

Mike

Easter Sunday report---Bridgton,Maine. 50" of snow over my garden and 101" of snow under my metal roof. Had to dig out my propane regulator so it could breath. [:-banghea

May wait for a few more weeks to visit Maine again. Can not park anywhere. No place to throw/push snow. Record snow year! Business is very slow in NE.

I shoulda stayed in Ft. Meyers an extra week--golf...hot tub...golf...Knob Creek...hot tub...golf. Oh well?[:-party]