Stove - sink - fridge combo

Ran across this today. Thought it was interesting enough to share with TIJ. The sink and stove on top both work as does the refrigerator underneath. I think the closeness of the water and electric stove is a safety issue, but I can see where someone else could argue it is not.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif 1.jpg

52.41 KB

I have run into a couple of those myself.

Had to have been manufactured somewhere in the fifties would be a good guess.

That one looks in great shape and I will bet everything was functioning.

To bad it looks like they replaced the original faucet.

Was it rust free on the inside?

It's an efficiency apartment setup. I had one in a little shoe box of an apartment that I lived in as a bachelor in 1972 in Woodinville, CT. Personally, I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill if you write it up, but that's just me.

OT - OF!!!

M.

This was actually a very nice 3000+ sqft home built in 1988. House packed with antiques, this stove was in the basement. The basement kitchen theme was Marlin Monroe. I think it was a mirror above the stove. I decided to keep it as a verbal safety warning. I figured I spill water on my stove every time boil something.

• 3 years later...

Ran across this today. Thought it was interesting enough to share with TIJ. The sink and stove on top both work as does the refrigerator underneath. I think the closeness of the water and electric stove is a safety issue, but I can see where someone else could argue it is not.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif 1.jpg

52.41 KB

The space is quite small, and you only have 2 cookers. The colour is ok (at least its difficult to spot if its dirty [:-bigmout) Its suitable for a company kitchen, not a family one. Roper appliances is ok man, more space, better.

My friends have one of those, (but in a boring white) in a suite they rent to summer tourists. I would say it is what it is. And yes, there is probably a fuse panel under there somewhere as well.

I found one in a basement apartment last fall, now where's the pic?

Hey, this is a really old thread, I feel stupid now for replying to it. [:-paperba

Click to Enlarge
tn_2011216234647_Smallkitchen.jpg

37.28 KB