First time buyer needs a favor!

All you guys know the drill "First time buyer with no money, going with zero down and seller pays closing costs".

Just needs me to look at the plumbing, 'cause the appraiser thought something might be amiss.

Following is the photo journal:

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif MVC-004S.JPG

39.52 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif MVC-005S.JPG

38.62 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif MVC-006S.JPG

39.52 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif MVC-011S.JPG

37.72 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif MVC-002S.JPG

39.63 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif MVC-016S.JPG

38.16 KB

Another rescued buyer. This house was advertised as move-in condition, perfect for first timers!

I don't know why I post these horror stories, except to preach to the choir.

Originally posted by mgbinspect

Well, Les, I suppose for some, that might be "Move in" condition. I guess it all depende upon where they have been living...

[:D]

I did an inspection for this individual about a year ago. The home was a run down 1910, or there abouts, colonial. As we were making our way through the home, and I was pointing out problems, he said "You know what I really like the most about this home? A shower with hot and cold running water." I wouldn't have touched the home but he thought it was a castle.

If you living in a single wide a double wide is a mansion.

It kinda reminds me of my first trip to Myrtle Beach, SC. I was caravaning with all of my in-laws and their families. They were well ahead of me and we had all agreed to stop at the infamous "South of the Boarder" where one can find acres of floor space filled with everything you never wanted like bobbing head dolls, all of the cheap plastic trinkets you find at carnivals, etc.

As I pulled in and rolled down my window my brother-in-law dashes up to the window with an overwhelming gleam in his eyes and exclaims, "Isn't this place something?!" ....

I was horrified and thinking to myself.. "Oh, yeah it's really something alright... "

One mans feast...

It's scary but it's all a matter of perspective.

Truth be told, one of my inspections today was in similar shape and the buyer was very excited to be purchasing this home. He, the agent's assistant and the guy next door were all talking about all that they had experienced as kids growing up in that very neighborhood...

Les, you're obviously an alarmist!! Shame on you! The Sellers have every right to push this POS home off on unsuspecting consumers, and what about the Agents commission??!!!

[:-bigmout

Seriously, what was the write up on the furnace? I see some rust, it appears to be a pre-1992 natural draft unit and possibly some leakage/rust at the seam to the upper right of the burners???

Dammit Les, when are you gonna learn to be fair to the poor house (and the agents)? Let me help you.

The stairs are structurally challenged.

The basement floor is self-moisturizing.

The furnace is richly experienced.

The dryer duct is internally insulated.

The disconnect is economically wired.

Now was that so hard?! C'mon man! [:-dev3]

Brian G.

Talkin' That Stuff [^]

And now the rest of the story!

Buyer is long gone!

Agent authorized flea treatment after everyone that went in there was covered with fleas. I came back to office, wrote the initial post, started scratching, took a shower and dried off with paper towels because I have no bath towels here.

Furnace had 1/2" rust at bottom of exchanger, rotted draft hood and misc new parts as evidenced by the boxes sitting next to it. Still did not fire up.

That water on floor is raw sewage.

The a/c disconnect is 14-2 w/o ground and runs approx 65' to panel behind new vinyl siding. Black tape was just an extra touch.

To the agent's credit, he changed the line-side from "move in condition" to "needs a little TLC".

Finished inspection with a record of site visit - "This house does not meet minimum HUD standards at this time". Got $50.00 and will get a full fee in a week or so when they find another house.