How are tracking attempts being made and why

hausdok

I have been recently using Duck Duck Go as a browser. It provides a tracking report on how many attempts at tracking it has blocked. I noticed this morning that since I've been using it 35 attempts at tracking have been made when I visited TIJ. How and who is trying to track me? When we set this site up there wasn't any such thing.

Could it be all of those spam sites that are hidden from visitors but haven't been deleted? What the hell is going on?

One Team - One Fight!!!

Mike

We have google on here and it has been on here from just about the beginning. The tagmanager, analytics and adsense are what's tracking you on TIJ. If you made a few posts on TIJ you don't see the ads but the other scripts still load. If you go to another page they load again.

If you right click the screen in your browser on any website and select Inspect then select network tab and js and then refresh the page you will see all scripts loading. It's not a mystery to everyone. 4 domains... 3 are google and the other 1 is us.

The whole cookie/privacy/consent thing is a mess right now. Billions are pumped into ads and people want to know where the ads are showing and that they are not wasting money.

As for privacy, google wants you to sign in to do a search and annoys you with prompts until you do. Then claims to make privacy a big deal but only to you not to themselves and the trusted partners.

Spammers cannot insert scripts into posts to track you... not on TIJ anyway.

I gotta laugh though... complaining about tracking while reading your tracking report.