Tile Craftsmanship

Chad Fabry

2 hours ago, Tom Raymond said:

This is tile craftsmanship. The grain is matched across the drain. 64 man hours, it's ready for grout.

20200123_170527.jpg

I don't get what's going on in this photo.  There's Herringbone, a rectangle and a triangle.

Edited by Marc

Marc, on the left is a channel drain.  It has metal edging on it to make grouting cleaner and easier. The tiles are cut so the woodgrain pattern continues across the drain. 

On the right is a metal edge at the end of the shower pan. A large sheet of glass will be sitting there. 

I don't have a picture of the pan before I tiled. I'll post a pic after its grouted. 

51 minutes ago, Jim Baird said:

I visited a new const. site where a friend did woodwork.  

Small local bank, in offices installed faux wood grain tile that was 8x24" or so.

My unheard question was why not real instead of faux?

Tile cannot have been cheaper.

Durability.  Moisture-resistance.

Edited by Jerry Simon

6 hours ago, Tom Raymond said:

Marc, on the left is a channel drain.  It has metal edging on it to make grouting cleaner and easier. The tiles are cut so the woodgrain pattern continues across the drain. 

On the right is a metal edge at the end of the shower pan. A large sheet of glass will be sitting there. 

I don't have a picture of the pan before I tiled. I'll post a pic after its grouted. 

And the triangle?

11 hours ago, Tom Raymond said:

(Let's see if this angle helps you figure out what you're looking at. The drain cover has been removed so we don't accidentally grout it into place.

20200131_172719.jpg

Much better.  Still a touch of Salvador Dali to it, unless those tiles are flexible - lower left corner of drain.