How's Biz?

Hey Jerry,

We are steady at an 8% growth for 2016. I think because we have been around for many years, we don't fluctuate as much as most independent shops. Revenue is up abt 14%, raw number of inspections up 8% and "commercial" work is up abt 20%. We have inspected 8 dentist offices, 7 churches, 6 medical buildings, two terminals, etc. That is the increase in revenue.

Our fellow inspectors in Mid-Mich seem to also be holding steady, but that is a hard number to get into. We have literally hundreds of inspectors in our tri-county area, mostly doing 1-2 per week.

This is the first full year that I, personally, have not done many/any house inspections. I miss that.

Close enough to every other year to call it about the same. Condo reserve studies and construction consulting is up. The repair thing looks like it could explode....tens of thousands of completely ****ed up buildings are everywhere.

Read the stats on investment in Chicago. We get in the news for shootings, but we lead in just about every important stat for big biz investment. I read the other day that 20% of the entire domestic product for America comes from 4 cities; NY, LA, Houston, and Chicago. If the world doesn't blow itself up, biz will be fine.

I don't pay any attention to monthly numbers.

Having been in business through many elections it seems that there is a hiccup in both my home inspection and architecture businesses immediately prior to a presidential election. It does not matter who wins or who runs, people seem to become wary about the big expense of buying or renovating a house. Additionally, when the elections end, we seem to get back to business where it left off, regardless of which side wins. It may be a more regional thing here because of our proximity to Wall Street.

November has been good. My year has been record setting on the $ side. Probably because I have been doing so many multi-unit buildings.

I have already lost 4 jobs this week because I am leaving town for a short vacation. I will be spending Thanksgiving in the Grand Canyon. I am told there is poor cell phone service which will be very nice.

November is fairly normal and I'm as busy as I want?. 4-5 home inspections a week and 2-3 commercial construction progress inspections for lenders a week, keeps me busy.. Total income is up about 18% over last year and my workload is down, what more can I ask for!

I'm coming down there. I've had four jobs the entire month. Phone = crickets.