bathroom conclusion

It turned out ok I think. One high joist got by me and pestered me when lining up floor to wall tiles. I covered the differences with Schluter Systems trim. The trim I used was actually designed for outside corners but I cut the flanges off and used it as a quarter round of sorts. It's only about 3/8" wide and luckily they made a color that matched just perfect. Here are some pics.

I put down lath prior to floor leveling compound.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1240756.JPG

1550.82 KB

Here's the LevelQuik compound doing it's thing.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1240759.JPG

1196.4 KB

More thinset and Hardie on top of the LevelQuik

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1240765.JPG

1158.09 KB

Lining up the first floor tile.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1240774.JPG

1135.44 KB

Some pics of the final product.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1250084.JPG

1380.47 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1250085.JPG

1319.21 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1250086.JPG

1448.48 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1250087.JPG

1387.64 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1250088.JPG

1379.15 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1250094.JPG

910.28 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1250090.JPG

1311.77 KB

Good job John-- you're moving through the house one room at a time, so what's next?

What was the total cost, and how many man hours do you think you have invested in your bathroom?

I have not yet added the stack of receipts from the bazillion times I went to the stores. Total man hours would be high I'm sure. I'm still glad to do things myself. I have a hard time believing that if I hired someone, things would be much smoother. I'd still be smack dab in the middle of every issue along the way.

Many projects abound.

Thanks everyone for the complements and thanks for all the help and suggestions along the way. There are a few things I wish I had foreseen. My experience has taught me how important the planning process is with regard to fixture positions and pattern alignment and all that. Some things got by me and others were modified along the way. I'm sure my next job will be a tad bit smoother.

Next, I think I need to build a storage shed for all my yard equipment. I just picked up a really decent 2005 Snapper Hi Vac riding mower complete with dual bagging system for $300. Runs perfect and the guy just paid $286 for new belts, front tires and engine service at a dealer. Turn key and go. It's a fun little bugger with tremendous vacuuming power.