Some of todays finds

plummen

This was actually in a duplex,2 seperate electrical services both equally hacked up. [:-yuck]

The idiot used cpvc plumbing pipe for conduit to pull wire into a bunch of places in basement,open junction boxes with romex snakes hanging every place.

When I was looking at one of the furnaces I found one of those electrical how to books laying there,if he would have atleast looked at the pictures he could have done better work! [:-tong2]

First I had to google A Christman Story, now I'm sitting here trying to figure out what you mean, Kevin. Guess I'm too slow for you guys. Must be the oldtimers disease setting in. I'd best go eat my porridge now and leave this place to those of you who're more quick witted and intuitive.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

First I had to google A Christman Story, now I'm sitting here trying to figure out what you mean, Kevin. Guess I'm too slow for you guys. Must be the oldtimers disease setting in. I'd best go eat my porridge now and leave this place to those of you who're more quick witted and intuitive.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Extension cords from a movie scene - here.

Thats what im there to do,straighten up the wiring /hvac and plumbing problems [:-weepn]

And what did you do when you saw that?

As for fixing all that, I would not know where to begin... I think I would get a chair and sit there for awhile and study the mess.

Or if the homes are vacant, maybe rip out the whole works and start over from scratch.

Hopefully you do not need to keep everything operational while also updating because someone is living there!

Shook my head a lot and used a lot of oohs and ahs! [:-shake][:-scared][:o][:-sick][:-spin]

We are starting with basic repairs to keep the city happy and keep it livable,they have no place else to go while work is being done.

The mom who owns the property lives on one side of duplex,while the son who works for me part time as a helper lives on other side with his wife and kids.

The meth head brother who did all the hack work stays in the basement,fortunately hes sitting in jail so the city inspector didnt see him or we might of been out of luck if he started arguing with the inspectors.

I told his mom he wouldnt be able to stay in the basement once he got out due to all the code violations and changes that needed to be made,most obvious being no egress windows incase the thing went up in flames from his hack wiring job. [:-crazy]