made in America.... hmmmmm

I wonder how many jobs would be created if all the tools used in the construction of a home were made in the USA.

Well, put down your Black and Decker, Dewalt and Porter Cable tools. The tools all come from China, as do all of the tooling. Vermont American drill bits and Oldham saw blades fall under the B&D umbrella too, if your inclined to use cheap bits and blades.

About 60,000 PC router bits are still packaged here every year. In 2008, my wife's little print shop made and shipped the paper packaging for 80-90,000 router bits and and industrial mills every week. In 2009 Black and Decker decided it would be cheaper to print and package in China. We still have equipment we've been unable to liquidate.

Great story. Best to buy American in my eye. Better quality, employing our neighbors. But it's sure hard to find that stuff, or at least it is with in 50 of here. MOEN is easy to find and a few others, but not many. I went to ABC's web site but couldn't find that list anywhere. As for Bosch, I thought some of their tools were made down south along the gulf coast, maybe not.

Years ago, it was China undercutting the steel industry that shut plants down all over the country.