Defective Siemens Panel / Breakers

inspectorwill

Discovered a Siemens panel yesterday on a home constructed in 2003. Could hear arcing coming from the panel when I removed the dead front cover. Saw arcing coming from several 15 amp breakers and scorch marks at other 15-50 amp breakers. Infrared camera showed temps ranging from 150 degrees F to 350 degrees F. I remember seeing various posts regarding Siemens recalls but upon searching, it appears they were all within the past two years. Is anyone aware of defective or recalled Siemens panels circa 2003? Thanks.

There was a supposed issue with Seimens panels maybe ten yeara ago. A forensic investigations outfit in North Carolina had supposedly investigated about half a dozen 200 amp Seimens panels that literally melted through the back of the enclosure. Search this site, we may have posted information and links about here way back when.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Discovered a Siemens panel yesterday on a home constructed in 2003. Could hear arcing coming from the panel when I removed the dead front cover. Saw arcing coming from several 15 amp breakers and scorch marks at other 15-50 amp breakers. Infrared camera showed temps ranging from 150 degrees F to 350 degrees F. I remember seeing various posts regarding Siemens recalls but upon searching, it appears they were all within the past two years. Is anyone aware of defective or recalled Siemens panels circa 2003? Thanks.

Why in the hell did you even touch the panel if you heard arcing!

This gig just don't pay enough to take risk like that... [;)]

ITE/Siemens has always been pretty overated in my book.

If you grab onto a siemens/ge/cuttler hammer br series/westinghouse/bryant........ stab on single pole breaker and shake it theyre all pretty unimpressive as far as fit goes.

I personally have always been happiest with the fit/finish of the square d homeline panels for residential use,and their QO line for commercial/industrial projects