This seems like a nice place

Greetings y'all! I just discovered this forum last week, and I'm really excited that I did. From the little bit of lurking that I did, y'all have some great people making quality posts. This seems like a good forum where folks are mixing personal stories with solid technical knowledge. I can learn a lot from this place.

I'm in the process of trying to become a home inspector. I've got some construction inspection experience and I'm a professional engineer (civil), but I know every profession is different and I've got a lot to learn. Currently, I'm finishing up my classes and putting together my application to take my state's professional home inspector licensing exam.

I'm going to read up on the archives, but I'm sure I'll still hit y'all up with plenty of newbie questions. Cheers!

Yes, Welcome!

Since you're taking your test for your P.E., you'll also want to read this thread:

https://www.inspectorsjournal.com/forum ... C_ID=14538

Hang in there. This place can kick you around like an old truck with no shocks sometimes but other times you'll feel like you're cruising in the lap of luxury.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Thanks everybody. I've had my PE since '04, but I've still got to take the HI test. Thanks for the link to that thread, good stuff.

I'm kind of jumping into this with just enough knowledge to be dangerous. There's so much about home inspection that will be new to me.

I've got a lot to learn about starting my own business and marketing.

Thanks everybody. I've had my PE since '04, but I've still got to take the HI test. Thanks for the link to that thread, good stuff.

I'm kind of jumping into this with just enough knowledge to be dangerous. There's so much about home inspection that will be new to me.

I've got a lot to learn about starting my own business and marketing.

FWIW ... PEs can inspect properties in Texas without being licensed by the TREC.

I'm not saying I endorse that at all, but it is a baseline fact.

I can put you in touch with a very good TREC inspector in Austin who would be more than glad to chat with you about the HI biz in Texas, Austin and of the interaction between PEs and TREC HIs. Over the years ... there has been a lot.

Send me an e-mail and I'll get you in touch with the fellow in Austin.

http://Nolan@NolansInspections.com