Surefire flashlight

I use an O-Light M30 every day that generates 700 lumens. It costs about $140.00.

How long have you had it John? Does it take 2 or 4 batteries? Any down sides?

It uses two 18650s. I also have its little brother, the M20, which uses one 18650. I've had them both for at least a year, and no problems at all.

700 lumens in a crawlspace, attic or dark basement is the cold stone nuts. And . . . I've dropped both lights a gazillion times, and they keep on tickin'.

Still clunking along with my Maglite with a led bulb and liking it. Don't have a need to start a fire with my light

The only light I've nearly started a fire with was a re-chargeable mag. Laid it down to do something in a crawlspace, smelled burning plastic, and looked down to find the vapor barrier smoking and melting. I sure did have a big forearm from carrying that dinosaur under houses all day though...........[;)]

I've become a mega-lumens believer; more is better.

There doesn't seem to be a level of diminishing returns, except when it's too bright to look in the electrical panel.

So, 700+ lumens? Sure. Of course.

I just haven't done it yet; I like the single 18650 size.

These things are like everything else--the outputs will continually increase, while costs spiral downward.

I used to carry four UltraStingers around 'cause the runtimes were so awful. I saw a bug guy with one a couple of weeks ago. He may as well have been holding a candle.

These things are like everything else--the outputs will continually increase, while costs spiral downward.

I used to carry four UltraStingers around 'cause the runtimes were so awful. I saw a bug guy with one a couple of weeks ago. He may as well have been holding a candle.

Blue on black, tears on a river.

Blue on black, tears on a river.

"Two tears in a bucket, mother **** it" (The Lady Chablis)

What's this about about using a flashlight for hunting? Isn't pit-lamping illegal in your country? [?]

Is pit lamping the same as deer jacking?

Do you guys help light up your high school football fields with these things when you're not working?

I'm waiting for the new Binford 9000. That's the one Tim the tool man has.

They claim, under the right conditions, you can charge particles, and induce the northern lights.