heating problem

[/siz

Hi,

Our home was built in 1979 and has a sealed element, recessed resistance electric heater originally made by intertherm.

They are no longer made by intertherm.

Reggio makes a similar system that requires a boiler and piping into the units, but ours is self contained sitting in a rectangular box beneath the window.

The heat from these units is fantastic and each room is controlled individually.

We haven't been able to locate a system like this and need help.

I have even searched intertherms pattents and have reached a dead end.

I am looking for direction as I find it hard to believe that no one is making a similar unit.

thanks

Antoinette[:-angel]

[/siz

Hi,

Our home was built in 1979 and has a sealed element, recessed resistance electric heater originally made by intertherm.

They are no longer made by intertherm.

Reggio makes a similar system that requires a boiler and piping into the units, but ours is self contained sitting in a rectangular box beneath the window.

The heat from these units is fantastic and each room is controlled individually.

We haven't been able to locate a system like this and need help.

I have even searched intertherms pattents and have reached a dead end.

I am looking for direction as I find it hard to believe that no one is making a similar unit.

thanks

Antoinette[:-angel]

Are these just the old oil-filled Intertherm baseboards installed in some sort of recessed box? If so, several companies make similar units nowadays. Google Farenheat.

- Jim Katen, Oregon