Insurance?

Gunner

Being a new inspector what can I expect to pay for insurance? Second question should it be E & O or a liability policy

1st-If you are talking E&0, a lot. 2K+ for the first year, but absent any claims it will settle down over time.

2nd-Lots of good discussion on this topic over the years. Do a forum search and soak it up.

Tim

I've had E&O and General Liability for 8 years, first company was nearly $4K a year, then latest was around $2K+ or so and had a $5K deductible the past few years.

As of the past month, I've cancelled that and have a $10K surety bond and $1mil General Liability Policy which meets my state's requirement, and only costs about $400 a year total.

Took me forever to wise up and go this route, but with the previous $5K deductible, this is a no brainer for me. My state also caps liability at $2K per claim and $10K max.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had E&O and General Liability for 8 years, first company was nearly $4K a year, then latest was around $2K+ or so and had a $5K deductible the past few years.

As of the past month, I've cancelled that and have a $10K surety bond and $1mil General Liability Policy which meets my state's requirement, and only costs about $400 a year total.

Took me forever to wise up and go this route, but with the previous $5K deductible, this is a no brainer for me. My state also caps liability at $2K per claim and $10K max.

Hey Kevin if ya could, what agency do you use. If ya prfer you can PM me the info. It would help here a lot.